quotable

"Once abolish God and the government becomes the God." -G.K. Chesterton

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Kinder, Gentler Facetwitch

You will notice some changes as we enter the new year. They are mostly cosmetic. I wanted to give the blog a more reader-friendly appearance, but I also wanted to open the door for adding more variety in content. I also wanted something I could direct potential employers to as writing becomes more of a full-time job for me. Don't worry. My opinions haven't gotten any gentler. You will get the same brazen, well-thought out commentary with a side of snark (when deemed appropriate). And when it's not well-thought out, as always I'm sure you will let me know with your comments.

You will notice some new pages on the menu bar at the top of the screen. They are all currently under construction, but in the coming days I hope to have them up and working. I will share links to the most pertinent news stories of the day and some of my favorite videos. This is all in an attempt to turn this more into a blog you can visit daily and find new things, as opposed to just waiting around for my next column. My columns tend to take longer to write, because so much gets covered everyday in talk radio and the big blogs that I don't want to spend time rehashing. You deserve more than talking points. So I sift through hundreds of websites and wait for inspiration to strike.

I am also finally mastering the use of twitter. I've added several twitter tools to my computer and phone so I can share more thoughts (in 140 characters or less) with my readers - even when I'm away from my desk. Hopefully, these pass the censors at the FCC who have appointed themselves the new nannies of the internet. If you are interested in following my tweets (where I will also link to the best news stories of the day), simply add me. My handle is real easy to remember. It's @facetwitch.

May you and your family experience a renewal of liberty and a wealth of blessings in 2011! Here's hoping the 112th Congress undoes the damage caused by Nancy Pelosi's bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment