quotable

"Once abolish God and the government becomes the God." -G.K. Chesterton

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Night Football: Saturday Night Live

The sign of a good parody is you can't stop thinking about it whenever you watch the original show it's parodying. For me, that has made this gem from SNL a few weeks ago (hosted by Jane Lynch) worth posting. It literally gets in my head when I just hear someone mention Sunday Night Football on NBC (especially that nacho recipe). It's not the SNL of my youth (Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Phil Hartman, Kevin Neelon, Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Farley, and Norm McDonald - wow, what a cast), but it's the best they've managed in at least a few years.





I've also posted the original theme song below from NBC football by Faith Hill, just in case you never realized how ridiculous it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment